Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Aspen Michael Turns One: May 19, 2015

Dearest Aspen Michael,

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy 1st Birthday dearest Aspen Michael, Happy Birthday to you!


Where do I even begin? Where had this year gone? Really time does fly.


And you are 100% boy. Down to every last bump and bruise. You have had no shortage of those this month my son. You have a teeny scar in your eyebrow from where you bumped the corner of the table at my OB appointment. You have tried flipping yourself out of the umbrella stroller. You cut your arm on the fireplace. You got tangled up on your bath towel and took a dive head first off your changing table...landing between it and the side table. **I was holding your leg...that is how strong you are!**







You move gates and barricades. You climb all the stairs just to come find mommy. You play peek a boo with your bib from across the room. You clap and laugh and smile. You love music especially the guitar and drums. You crawl over to the bin and take drums out at music class.









You have discovered your penis. Enough said on this subject for now.

You are no longer interested in your bottle really aside from in the morning. You have taken to eggs & waffles, avocado & fish sticks, and you are dying to try whipped cream from my Starbucks!


You helped us celebrate Mother's Day in Wilmington, DE. You played at the Delaware Children's Museum (loving the cars and trucks), watched the Blue Rocks at the baseball game, and ohhed & ahhed over the animals at the Brandywine Zoo. You were such a great little traveler and sleeper!


I have said it every single month and I truly mean it my son. You haven't met a day that you didn't love honestly. Your smile is absolutely contagious and your presence simply lights up a room. You remind me so much of your Papa; he too has the most amazing affect on people. You have made the last year utterly sweet and joyful. For that, I cannot thank you enough.

I love you!

Love,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment