Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Arts & Crafts: Summer Edition

You might recall that part of my *nesting* phase included beacoup crafting & scrapbooking. Even after Adelaide was born I managed to stay a float with holiday decor and such. But lately our life has been hectic with traveling, play dates, pool time, and sleep. Yes we sleep in this house because it is a necessity to our survival.

In the past few weeks, I have felt rejuvenated or crazy causing my crafting bug to kick in. It all started by cruising Pinterest too often and looking back at DIY projects I had pinned months ago. So nearly a year later, I decided to do something with Adelaide's coming home outfit (inspiration here). I sort of love it and can't wait to put it in her big girl room...



Then I needed a cute yet easy AND travel-friendly hostess gift for our sweet friends who hosted us during our California trip. Viola summer lemonade jars (printable here)...




Next I decided to have a birthday party in New York for Miss Adelaide. This meant that it had to be budget friendly or Ryan might kill me. Thus I set out to order print outs from Frosting & Ink on Etsy to print & cut myself. Then I also decided to make a few decor items myself along with the adult favors.

Ice Cream Cone Wreath:




Adelaide's Ice Cream Shoppe Banner: 




Ice Cream Cone Bath Kit:



I didn't make this, but I did find it on Etsy at EstSignsFeedOrphans and fell totally in love with it...so I had to order for my parents' wedding anniversary. It has their birth dates, their anniversary, their kids' birth dates, & their grandkids' birth dates. I found a complimentary frame and away it went to them. They loved it!



Perhaps my favorite idea of all was a decade of gifts to my besties for our 30th birthdays. I found pictures of each of them from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, and now. For the 80s they received the Time magazine cover of that year and their birth month. For the 90s they got a CD with the best of the 90s. For the 2000s everyone was gifted an ADPi koozie because that is how we met. For the Here & Now everyone received something special to them & I at the present time. I really loved this idea and enjoyed seeing their faces with the pictures and gifts. Cheers to turning 30!



As summer comes to an end, I have a feeling a few fall crafts are hiding up my sleeve. Stay tuned for more madness in the coming months!


No comments:

Post a Comment