Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Copy Cat Closet: Mixing Patterns

Say what?! Copy Cat wants me to do what??!!

Yeah so I this week's challenge was to mix patterns. This girl generally is all matchy-matchy and now you want me to mix some complex nonsense. Ok challenge accepted. Lucky for me, Target is exhibiting a mass amount of prints and I am shopping in honor of my birthday (not until Feb 18 mind you) for the next two months.

So I treated myself to a yellow polka dot blouse and an orange & white chevron print skirt. Paired them with an earth tone jacket & brown boots and sported the ensemble to church Sunday. I thought its the last place that people would be judging me so it was okay. Not sure if the stares were for my spring colors (this girl needs some sunshine in her life), the knee-length skirt rather than pants due to frigid temps, or  shock for my boldness. Either way, I rocked my outfit with confidence.

See for yourself:





Blouse: Target (here)
Skirt: Target (here)
Jacket: Forever 21
Boots: Jessica Simpson


If you are interested in linking up, be sure to visit Ma Nouvelle Mode and get style inspiration directly to your inbox! I can't wait to see what each new challenge brings for my inner fashionista because this new mommy needs all the style tips she can get!


the Grant life;

2 comments:

  1. Girl, let 'em stare! This outfit is amazing! That skirt's at Target? It's so stinkin' cute! Thanks for linking up, you're seriously adorable. I also love that you took the challenge & rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you?! Awesome! Wait... Are you a fellow Lexingtonian?!?

    ReplyDelete