Friday, October 26, 2012

*Introducing Our Ace*

When it comes to cards, I like to be as creative as possible. I truly adore the holidays because it means lots and lots of fun & festive photo cards from friends and family. I anxiously await the mail during the winter months to see what treat we have received. And I look forward to sending out our holiday card any card for any occasion.

So when it came time to introduce Adelaide Jane to the world, I wanted something out-of-the-box. I racked my brain trying to come up with a meaningful twist to her/my pregnancy. Ah-ha! Tennis was such a huge part of my entire pregnancy and the only activity that made Ms. Adelaide rest in my tummy. I played around with the WTA website and loved the layout of the player profile; with a little baby-fying of the wording I knew what I wanted the announcement to say. Now all I needed was a designer...

Insert Mellen Designs, a company founded by my sweet sorority sister Mary Ellen Fortney. I had used them for a few wedding details (i.e. our couples shower thank yous and rehearsal dinner coasters). I shared my vision with Mary Ellen, and she cooked up the perfect birth announcement.

Look how perfect!



If you are ever in the market for custom & creative invitations, announcements, or cards, please contact Mary Ellen. She is amazing to work with and produces great work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment