Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Adelaide Jane Thompson: Arrived August 30, 2012



There is no way to describe the feeling of giving birth. It is the most surreal, moving experience of my life and those words don't even do it justice. In some ways, I blinked and barely remember the process (a sure way to ensure that mothers keeping having babies ;) ). In others, I keep playing the moments in my head savoring every last one. And the most amazing moment came when the nurse said, "open your eyes and see your baby...it's a girl!" In that second, any pain I had suffered was beyond worth it.





Weighing in at 8 pounds 6.5 ounces and measuring 20.5 inches long, every thing about her gleams with perfection. She has the chubbiest little cheeks, the most adorable double chin, and the longest fingers. Her little expressions are already bringing lots of laughs for us and her beauty brings tears of joy to our eyes. I am still in awe that she came from me; that I made something so beautiful, innocent, and wonderful.



It is no secret that Ryan & I like traveling. It is one of our favorite hobbies to do together. So it makes sense that we plan to name our children after cities that we love. Adelaide is a city in Australia and while we haven't been there together, we just love the name. We plan to call her Adelaide, not Addy. Jane was my Mama Comley's first name and is my mom's middle name (as well as my sister Kendahl's middle name).

We are just as smitten as can be with our sweet baby girl. We find ourselves staring at her as she sleeps, eats, burps, watches the US Open (yes you have to start them young!), etc. She is our little miracle of life and we want to breathe in each and every moment of her.

1 comment:

  1. Whit, she is perfection! I am thrilled for you both! I cannot wait to meet Adelaide! I love that name :) Can't believe that beautiful chubby baby came from your skinny little body! Congrats to you and Ryan, you will be excellent parents! Enjoy to journey! xoxox

    ReplyDelete