Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Present for A Push

Whoever invented the "push present" is a genius. I mean really a woman does deserve a token of appreciation for giving birth given the shear nature of the act. As rewarding as the miracle of life is, a little something special from your hubby doesn't hurt.

Aside from suggesting the LV Mini Speedy, I hadn't given much thought to a push present. Ryan is beyond wonderful at surprises so I just sort of let him do his thing. See I am learning to not need to control everything ;) Plus I had more important things to worry about like the actual childbirth!

So the whole push present thing slipped my mind until I came downstairs to the living room on our first day home to see two nicely wrapped gifts. With strict instructions, I opened the card first which read like a love poem about our journey from individuals to friends to significant others to husband & wife to parents. Then I unraveled the Dom Perignon and popped our champagne to toast to parenthood. We cheered baby Adelaide in our Swarovksi champagne flutes that Ryan gave me as part of my wedding gift.

Lastly, I opened the small package which held this:



A beautiful diamond (because all girls love diamonds!) and peridot ring to honor Adelaide. Her birthstone is the peridot said to be associated with the values of fame, dignity, protection, and success. Pretty suiting for our perfect little princess.

peridot gem


The idea is to have one ring per child and then they will all be sautered together. Such a wonderful and thoughtful idea! I can't wait to tell Adelaide how sweet her daddy is to us!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty, pretty! :) I'm going to continue to run the baby factory just for the gifts.

    ReplyDelete