Thursday, July 5, 2012

224 days, 32 weeks, 8 months, and a Squash



I can officially claim my baby is due next month now. I thought we'd never get to July you all. Honestly, the past week seems like it has taken an eternity. Not pleasurable in 90 degree heat with a large squash-sized child living inside of you. Yep Baby T is the size of a squash...which btw seems smaller than last week's pineapple analogy. Despite the ever-so drawn out 3rd trimester thus far, I am moving forward on my journey to motherhood.

Here are a few highlights to mark the start of month 8:

  • Sleep is no longer an option; I am up until at least midnight every evening and awake prior to 7am; at first I was blaming this on Wimbledon and the early am coverage but I've come to accept that this is my reality that this is my life now.
  • Nesting causes me to do strange things like rearrange our hallway linen closet because the towels were not arranged properly, have my mother-in-law organize the unfinished area of our basement, and make lists for just about anything (i.e. Christmas 2012 presents which I've already begun to shop for).
  • Guilt sets in if I do not workout daily now since I am eating for a party of 6 it feels like; please Lord let me be like my mom who lost weight at the end of her pregnancy as opposed to my sister who gained all of her weight at the end; pretty pretty please!!!
  • Now that my belly is showing full force, I play the pregnancy sympathy card as often as possible like when I'm grocery shopping and pull my car up to the front of the store because I can't seem to push the cart into the parking lot or when I just don't feel like lifting/carrying/doing something because I am so damn tired. Plus people seem to love to smile, wave, and ask a million questions about what is going on inside my body. Makes for pleasant conversations daily.
To all those present and past preggos, how did you make it through the home-stretch? Tips, Tricks, and Tales are all appreciated :)




2 comments:

  1. You look wonderful Whitney! I'm with you, a squash seems smaller than a pineapple :P Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look soooooo good mama. Much better than I looked at that stage!!!:) just enjoy this last bit and sleep, sleep, sleep:).

    ReplyDelete