Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Weekend Treats: Perry & Co

Like I mentioned, June is the month of visitors for us. We have a whole slew of family & friends who are lined up to stay at Casa de Thompson over the next few weeks. You all know how I like to entertain ;)

Thursday afternoon, Ryan's uncle Perry and his two kids Olivia & Connor arrived from Buffalo. We were the second stop on their 3-city tour: Niagra Falls, NYC, DC. Not bad for a little NE getaway! Aunt Sandra planned out their travel itinerary so they were all set and ready to rock from Lexington.

I thought since they were on vaca that they might enjoy a little splurge upon arrival especially since they had been traveling. So I suggested pizza, ice cream, and a movie. It was a hit! We ordered a few pizzas and enjoyed dinner at the kitchen table...a rarity in this house since I usually am eating dinner alone. Then after letting our food settle, we journeyed to The Blue Pig (you know our new fave dessert spot) to relish in homemade ice cream. The kids loved it and the staff loved their sweet Kentucky accents.

Connor & Olivia


In the spirit of being a good hostess, I rounded up a few little things for Connor & Olivia and set them in their room. A pink bucket for her, A green bucket for him. Both filled with a travel journal, snacks, and toys. For both, I scooped Night at the Museum for a family-appropriate movie. We finished our evening watching the Ben Stiller thriller. Such a nice, relaxing night with family.




Friday they hit up the Big Apple tourist style while I played another 3 hour tennis match in the blazing hot sun. I treated myself to a little Subway lunch post match then headed home to relax in the A/C. Of course by relax I mean I ran around the house nesting anything and everything I could get my hands on. We finally broke down and ordered the matching table to our living room set for our nook (thank the Lord because I was about to vomit on the heinous antique chest that was occupying the space). It was delivered Friday afternoon so I got to dress it up a bit. The day ended with an intense game of Trivial Pursuit: 80's Edition between Ryan, Connor, Olivia, and I. Perry got to tap in for C-bug & Liv's questions.



Saturday started off slow as I slept in until 11am. I am really heading that new mommy advice from my baby shower. We tooled around the house for a few hours until finally heading out for a day date consisting of shopping at Mohegan Cycles, Pier One, BBB, and Home Depot. What began as an unproductive morning turned into a very productive evening. Our patio furniture and dining area is dressed to the nines with the Catalina Cove collection from Pier One. And our sitting room finally has a rug and another chair. Aside from a potential plant/side table, it is basically complete. Woo hoo! Yay for me :)

my little worker bee

trimming the rose bushes

umbrellas up!

love these reversible cushions...2 designs in 1 :)

pillows for a little accent

Beau man taking in the sun


Sunday was spent organizing and cleaning in prep for my mommy's arrival. Like a small child, I couldn't stay at home while Ryan hit the air to Europe so I begged my mom to come stay with me for a week. Dropping him off at JFK and picking her up at La Guardia was the end of our evening.

Cheers to a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment