Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quick & Easy Recipes: Part One

In an effort to give my husband more dining options than simple PB&J or seasoned chicken and veggies as well as put my Pinterest boards to good use, I whipped up a few recipes these week to make mealtime more fun.

For breakfast, we generally go with eggs, cereal with fruit, or yogurt & granola. Not bad choices, just too much repetition at times. I had pinned these mini frittatas awhile back but just got around to trying them. We had all of the ingredients already which was money as a trip to the grocery was not necessary.

Mini Egg Frittatas
Ingredients:
4 large egg
1/4 cup half & half
pinch of salt
mix ins of your choice (shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, diced peppers, mushrooms, sausage, ham, bacon)


Directions:
  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease 6 cup muffin pan.
  2. Whisk eggs, half & half, and salt. Evenly pour into muffin pan.
  3. Add mix ins.
  4. Bake about 20 to 25 minutes.
And viola...



Dinner together is a rarity during the week. Pregnant or not, I am not a fan of eating at 9pm. Ryan generally doesn't get home before then so I fly solo for din-din. But the other night he was coming home early so I tried this light dish...putting my own spin on it.

Shrimp & Avocado Pitas

Ingredients:
1 lb shrimp (cooked and deveined)
1 tomato (diced)
1 avocado (diced)
**options to zest it up with a lime flavor include red onions, lime juice, and cilantro


Directions:
  1. Toast pitas to your liking.
  2. Mix shrimp, avocado, and tomato together. Add salt & pepper to taste.
  3. Stuff mix in pita and top with cheese & shredded lettuce.
Enjoy...

Stay tuned for more quick & easy recipes in the coming weeks as the Thompsons visit and I have to feed a family of four!

No comments:

Post a Comment