Friday, June 15, 2012

Girls Night Out: Westchester Style

While the boy is away, the girl will play. And by play, I mean invite my lovely tennis friends, who also double as my New York mothers, over for some dessert and wine. And by wine, I mean non-alcoholic sangria for me.

Taking after Lindsey Miller (an aunt-like figure in our life and a pioneer for 'any time is a good time for a party'...you should see the adorable invites she cooks up for Tea & Crumpets), I decided to spice up my weekday with a small gathering. Desperate to use my mini dessert set, I concocted a simple invite, menu, and guest list.

homemade invite (supplies from Michael's)

veggies sticks & dip

almond chicken bites

shrimp tartlets (used here)

banana creme delight

summer fruit cake

chocolate mousse

the whole spread






The whole evening was a hit. Everyone enjoyed the tasty treats and company of each other off the tennis court. I enjoyed playing hostess and entertaining the women who have welcomed me to New York. And the cherry on top was having my mom here to be a part of it all!


the sweetest welcome gifts

amazing NY bar towel

adorable dish towel



**If you want any of the recipes above, let me know. I'm too lazy at the present to share my secrets, but ask and you shall receive ;)






2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Super cute! New follower from friday hop. Love for you to stop on by Naptime Review and say hi ;) Love a follow back too.

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photos! New google friend and fb follower from the hop. Would love follows back

    www.cumminslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete