Monday, June 18, 2012

A Week with Sammy & Me

Despite the fact that I am about to embark on the most adult-like act, aka motherhood, I still often have child-like tendencies such as not wanting to sleep alone in my own house. For a night or (eek) two, it is bearable. But for a week with Ryan in a foreign country, not so much. So I did what any normal adult would do...call their mommy and ask her to come to New York to hold your hand.

My mom and I don't get a lot of one-on-one time anymore...not since she went and gave birth to three other kids that is. Ha. Kidding aside, I really do enjoy when her and I get to just catch up or shop or eat together. Just the two of us. When I'm not battling six other people vying for her attention. So I was looking forward to having a week of time with her.

In honor of my list making phase, I planned a fun-filled, action packed program for us and documented it, printed it out, and kept it as our bible. We successfully followed it to a T for the most part.

It involved lots of shopping...


adorable berry basket & deviled egg crate (Anthropologie)

ice cream bowls (Pier One)

floral print jumper (AX)

blue & teal wedges (Nine West)



yummy lunches and dinners at local spots...

clam chowder (Rye Grill & Bar)

make your own burger (The Counter)

chips & guac (Rockefeller Center Cafe)


a day in the city...

mom's first train ride



Rockefeller Center


St. Patrick's Cathedral


cardio, yoga, and tennis...


the sweet sound of a heartbeat and the thrill of baby kicks...



and loads of family love...

Grand Central Stations

Rockefeller Center





Covered in Grace

1 comment:

  1. yay for time with your mama!! Where in NY are you? We are in NYC. saying hi and following from the monday meet up xoxo Kristina

    www.citycorporatetosuburbmama.com

    ReplyDelete