Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Thompson Family Baby Shower

You know you're attending a baby shower when a) the guest of honor is not drinking, b) attendees oh & ah over butt cream, c) butt cream was an item on your registry, and d) the mom-to-be eats her weight in cupcakes & candy.

That is what I meant when I recapped the weekend treats by saying it was a *different* shower. Different. And incredibly exciting, special, amazing, so on and so forth.

My SIL and MIL threw a fabulous baby shower for Baby T & I. Themed bed & bath, the invitation was too cute with animals showering and a tribute to my 3 heart announcement. From the minute we walked in the door, Kara's house was decorated with loads of fun stuff for our baby to be. Sweet bibs strung and hung down the banister with a monkey topped diaper cake in the entryway. UK onesies pinned across the window to get Baby T acquainted with the NCAA Basketball National Champions hung in the living room. A glass bowl filled with all sorts of rubber bath duckies adorned the kitchem amidst the delicious ensemble of food. Chicken salad sandwiches, gourmet cheese & crackers, fresh fruit slices, and cream cheese & chocolate stuffed strawberries. Don't even get me started about the candy buffet...in true gender neutral fashion, candies of all types in pink, blue, yellow, & green. From M&Ms to York patties to Reese cups to cupcakes, this momma got her sugar fix. And generously wrapped baby gifts for our bundle of joy.

Our family & friends showered our baby with car seats, swings, bath essentials, bedtime rituals, and so much love. I was truly amazed at the thoughtfulness and generosity of the wonderful people in our lives. I can't wait to welcome our child into the world and introduce him/her to such an amazing group of people.

3 1/2 months and counting until our due date...












my sweet niece Collins...the day after her 1st birthday :) 



Sammy & I




car seat...check!

baby travel bath set

love my safari diaper bag




Expecting Love: the cutest Precious Moment from my mommy

lamb mat from Aunt Tay Tay


little sleeper from Kendahl


feeding equipment...check

swing!


Collins, Kendahl, Amanda, & I

Sammy & Nana


No comments:

Post a Comment