Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weekend Treats: Shady Pi Edition

My first weekend back in Kentucky proved to be a fun-filled, belly laughing, exhausting yet rewarding time (per the usual). Kicked off with a 5 mile walk around our neighborhood with my sisters & mom then family dinner on Thursday night. Friday I headed down to LexVegas to celebrate my MIL's 60th with a few races at Keeneland. The weather was gorgeous and my bump was tucked safely inside my UK pride blue pants & beige top courtesy of Kendahl's b-day gift to me. Next KP and I met the Shady Pis of pledge class 2001 at Rincon starting off our reunion weekend with class of course ;) We enjoyed Mexican food & margaritas (well they enjoyed the tequila drink) while gossiping over parenting skills, former classmates, SAE boys, and more. The night continued with singing & dancing at Redmond's and a few clumsy manuevers from the drinkers!

the birthday girl sporting her new bikini

heading to Rincon with my bestie


Saturday, the weather was blah but couldn't stop our tailgating fun. Huddled in cars, we continued our gossip over jello shots and *gasp* a diet coke for me. Boxed seats were key in our older age as we made bets and snacked on bloody mary's and hot dogs. Dolled up from the reaces, we headed to Merrick Inn for a big girl meal. We enjoyed a table outside filled with stories of TMI, lots of giggles, martinis, to-die-for food, and heavenly desserts. And no LexVega weekend would be complete without hitting up the world famous Two Keys Tavern where we would have the best laughs of the entire weekend. Let's just say...some things never change!



on the road to becoming moms...

the preggos of the group

go ponies go!

being social


um two keys sells pizza?!

the planners

some shady pi loves


Sunday, a small group enjoyed breakfast at Ramsey's before I stopped by Barry & Elizabeth's to meet baby Henry Thomas Cooper. Born weighing 5 lbs (now over 6), he was so tiny and sweet. Dressed in a monogrammed blue & white striped long sleeve onesie, he nestled his little body in my arms and slept peacefully. I hadn't held a baby in quite awhile, and I had forgotten just how precious & amazing they truly are. It definitely made being pregnant all the more real to see & hold what is growing inside me. And to physically be able to touch what the miracle will become in 4 short months. E looks great and Barry talks fatherhood with so much pride. Bonus: their house is beautiful with an adorable & cozy nursery.

I think he likes me :)


I wrapped up the day with Baby T's first baby shower. More to come in a separate most on that with lots of details and pics, but for now I'll tell you that it was exciting *and* different from any shower I've had held for me!

Uncle Shane & Bishop eating ice cream cones


Hope you all had some fun & fabulous weekend treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment