Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Home Sweet Hotel

As of January 1st, our official residence is the Hyatt Summerfield Suites in White Plains, NY. After 3 weeks of already living out of suitcases, what would a few more hurt? One would think about this time I would start going stir crazy and feeling incredibly unbalanced. I am not much for not having all of my stuff, living out of packed suitcases, or following a routine especially now that I have gotten older. Don't get me wrong, when traveling I love that type of lifestyle, but for my everyday life not so much. But to be honest, I am so exhausted and tired by about 5pm every day that I can't even complain or muster up the energy to organize this chaos we call our lives right now.

Instead I have resorted to simply letting things be until we close on our house. Yes that is right, we are buying a house. I blogged about how we couldn't agree on which house to put an offer on, but I failed to blog about how we came to a decision and went for it. Mainly because we made the offer as we were moving and enjoying our last few days in San Francisco. The negotiation of price kept going right on up to just before Christmas, and I was terrified to jinx the possibility of actually getting it. But we were able to mutually agree, the sellers and the buyers, on a reasonable price. The contract has been signed, and we are eagerly awaiting a closing date. **Fingers crossed for a date this month.

But while we await that date, I have a few pics to show of our "first" home in New York:



don't mind all of the bags and the chair I already bought for our house


suitcases, bags, and furniture oh my!


we stocked the fridge

we make our bed

we even hang clothes in the closet









No comments:

Post a Comment