Sunday, December 11, 2011

Getting My Pin On

A few weeks back, I let you in on my secret addiction pintrest. I have been rapidly collecting ideas and pinning on board after board. I am on the up and up with the crafting stuff. I have always tried my hand at crafts (i.e. those senior year retreat pillows I made in high school, my Grammy's scrapbook, and ADPi rush song lyrics), but I am not quite sure that I have the natural talent. However since my scrapbooking kick, I am finally feeling confident in my creative abilities. I don't have to be Martha Stewart to be crafty right? Along with trying to be more crafty, I am also making a concentrated effort and taking more fashion risks. For me that means actually wearing jewelry/accessories, painting my nails exotic colors, and stepping away from head-to-toe color matching.

So in the spirit of both and using my pins, I tried these new things this past week:

Leg warmers over leggings or skinny jeans and under winter boots for an accessory. I had to try this in New York...it gave me an excuse to go shopping for leg warmers!

nicely paired with my mistletoe tester shirt ;)
festive color: red

My sister-in-law did this for us as a wedding gift. She took our rehearsal dinner invitation & our wedding invitation and shredded them. Then inserted into an ornament. So cute!


ornament gift for a friend- used their engagement invite as the filler!

grab a festive box & some red tissue...wrapping magic ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment