Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Underhill Clan

So 2 weeks from today, I will be flying home for my 3rd visit to Kentucky this year ;) That is my general amount of trips home per year so I am way ahead of the game in 2011. Of course, the last 2 trips were not exactly planned (i.e. Mama Collins passing away & the greatest Easter surprise ever), but this one has been planned for about 5 months. Colleen & Co, aka the Underhill girls, are hosting a bridal shower for me.

The Underhills are an extension of my family, technically not blood related, but they have always been our aunt, uncle, and cousins. We have spanned the country with the 6 of them. Have you ever seen 2 sets of parents toting around 8 kids from the ages of newborn to 9? Well that is what we looked like growing up. Townsend is the oldest at 30 and Taylor is the youngest at 21.

This year LOTS of exciting things are happening in both families. At the end of 2010, T & his wife Jamie welcomed twin babies into the world. Colin & Natalie had their first girl adding to their family of 4, making it 5! Jordan is getting married in August, and Channing has a tres serious bf. Kendahl & Peter just added a kid (as P says) to make it kids. Shane & Amanda are getting hitched in July. Taylor will have her first big girl internship over the summer; oh and she turned 21 earlier this month. As for Ryan & I, well I am pretty sure you all know what is happening with us this year ;)

Through all of the excitement of bridal showers (Amanda had one & I'm having one), couples showers (Colleen, Todd, and the Clements threw one for S&A while my parents threw one for J&Clark), baby arrivals, weddings, etc., we have/will be making many more memories with the Underhill Clan.

Over Christmas break, we all gathered for lunch and told story after story, roast after roast about our journey as family friends. I'm looking forward to much more of that in the coming months...

Grill & Garden Theme

Kitchen Theme

Personal Shower Theme

No comments:

Post a Comment