Tuesday, April 26, 2011

199 Days on the Calendar...

...until we are married!!

So just under 200 days seems like an eternity away still, but when I consider how far away 300+ days was, it isn't so bad. Sometimes the thought of eloping seems far more appeasing based on the sheer factor of time. Then I kick myself to remind me of the importance of the process and the growth we are accomplishing by taking our time. Plus a wedding is important to us. While a wedding is not the most important part (the marriage is of course), it is significant in its meaning. If you cut past all of the vendors, coordination, color schemes, frills, and lace, the purpose of a wedding is to have family & friends witness and attest to your love and commitment for one another. Then, when the going gets tough, those same people are to encourage and support you throughout your marriage. Hence our desire to have a wedding and celebrate this joyous occasion with family & friends!

Here's to the next 6 1/2 months flying by and enjoying the ride ;)

2 comments:

  1. So exciting for you two! Not sure if you have ever heard of this blog, but I think you would love it. http://melodygodfred.com/ The Tina Fey post is my favorite ever! http://melodygodfred.com/2011/04/15/a-mothers-prayer-for-its-child-by-tina-fey/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will def check it out EJ :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete