Monday, April 25, 2011

Home. Sweet. Home.

Best. Fiance. Ever.



Best. Easter. Ever.


Best. Weekend. Ever.

Notice a pattern here??

Thursday morning, baby Collins was born. Thursday afternoon, Ryan surprised me with a trip home for Easter weekend to meet my little niece. Friday morning I was on a flight from SFO to Vegas to Louisville. I called mom to ask for a ride. She was, of course, in shock. Dad picked me up at midnight because Mom was watching Bishop. Despite flying through a few tornadoes and dealing with very loud lightning and thunder, I caught a few hours of shut eye before getting up Saturday morning.

Mom, Bishop, and I headed up to Norton Hospital around 10:30am. Kendahl had to do a double take to see who was holding Bishop, and then she started crying. It was so sweet to see her tear up and be so excited about the surprise! (We've come a long way from our bickering days as teenagers ;) )

After holding Collins for the entire hospital visit, Mom & I headed to Avalon for a charity luncheon and fashion show. It was great to spend some mother/daughter time enjoying fashion & food! We loved seeing all of the new clothes from Blink Boutique & Serendipity as well as the fabulous Derby hats.

The rest of the day was spent at Kendahl & Peter's where I got to hold Collins, play with Bishop, visit with the Thompsons, hold Collins some more, talk with the family, play with Bishop some more, and did I mention hold Collins?!

Sunday, we attended Easter service at Hurstbourne Christian Church with our family and the Coates family. Amanda and her parents prepared a lovely Easter lunch at Amanda & Shane's house. It was great to see them already getting use out of their wedding gifts! The food was delicious and the company was all laughs. Tay staged an Easter egg hunt for Bishop & AJ. It was so cute to watch the two boys run after the eggs in amazement. Ahh to be a kid again ;)

I headed home last night to my love after a great trip home. He was all smiles to see me and it was good to be home...especially on our 2 year anniversary of the day Ryan started "chasing" me. Who would have thought two years ago we would be living in San Fran, engaged, with a niece just born and another niece/nephew on the way?!

Happy Monday everyone!



holding Collins for the first time!

so alert and curious!

big brother Bishop just taking it all in

refusing to put her down!

Collins' lounging

naptime

Bishop with his Easter hat from San Fran

Easter Sunday with baby Collins

Collins Isabella DeZarn

Sammy feeding Collins

Sibling <3

My baby Beau & I before Easter service

6 comments:

  1. Bishop and Collins are both beautiful kiddos - and I love the names! Kudos for Ryan for planning such a special surprise:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachie, it was such a wonderful surprise! I hope to see you at the shower in 2 weeks...if not, I will try to stop by and see your cute little belly while I am home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you got to have a wonderful Easter weekend with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimmie, it was fabulous!!! Just eaten up with baby fever right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post had me all teared up. I am so happy for you and your family : )

    ReplyDelete