Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Brighton Kevin: 5 Months

Dearest Brighton,

Oh sweet baby boy your month has been filled with so much emotion and many firsts. Some pleasant and some not so much, but we weathered the storm together which only grew us closer. There is something undeniably special about you that is infectious to those around you. I can only hope that this will be the case throughout your entire life.

You weigh 15lbs, 12oz and measure 25 inches long. You are really filling out and your thighs are officially chunky. You are exactly the same height as Adelaide was at this age and about one pound less in weight. You are two and a half inches shorter than Aspen and two and a half pounds lighter than him at this age!

You began eating solids including rice cereal (not a big fan of it), bananas (love them!), and apples (jury still out since we stopped because you were hospitalized). Time flies by and I can hardly believe that you are sitting in a highchair eating something other than formula.






From day one, you have been extremely alert to the world around you. Like you just have to see and hear what is going on. You have full blown baby babble conversations with me, your siblings, and really anyone who will listen! You are trying to sit yourself up by doing many baby crunches and I swear that you are trying to crawl on your belly. I think I am going to have my hands full with you!

You spent your first Valentine's Day in the hospital. I mean if you wanted to be my only Valentine you could have just told me! Saturday night I brought you to the ER after two visits to the pediatrician. They sent us home with a diagnosis of pneumonia since you were flirting with the doctor. A few hours later, I was driving you back because I knew something was not right. We spent Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday in the hospital with around the clock care. To watch you struggle to breathe, be poked, and prodded, have tiny IVs of fluid and antibiotic inserted into your baby veins, and watch the fatigue and lifelessness take over your sweet body was hard on this mommy. I cried more than once as the nurses and doctors worked to heal you. Through most of it, you smiled with sick eyes, flirted, and babbled. At times, I would be lying in the hospital bed and you were in your baby hospital crib; we would be facing one another and you would just talk away to me. Melts my heart and everyone around you.





You continue to be a miraculous baby boy who loves life and for that I cannot thank you enough.

I love you!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment