Sunday, February 7, 2016

An Inductee: The Kentucky Tennis Hall of Fame

Tennis has been an integral part of my life since I was 13 years old. It has been something that has shaped who I am today from the individual aspect to the team aspect. It is where my career in sports began. It is where some of my favorite friendships have been cultivated. It is my happy place. But most notably, it is where I hold a special place and memories with my dad.




So I felt extremely honored and grateful to see him inducted into the Kentucky Tennis Hall of Fame this past Saturday. Tennis for my dad started 40 years ago. He has put his heart and soul into the game, bringing the game to any and all, and continuing the charge of having tennis in Louisville/Kentucky.

Don Schroerlucke introducing Dad

Dad and Shane

Dad giving his amazing speech :)



Dad accepting his award from Mr. English





My dad & family have been extremely rewarded through tennis and we hope to continue to give back to the sport in hopes of bringing that joy to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment