Friday, April 17, 2015

The Longest Ride: A Book Review

I have yet to read a Nicholas Sparks' novel that I haven't been in love with honestly. He has a way of writing about life and love that makes me feel a part of the story. The unfolding plot that causes me to frivolously turn pages and stay up way past my mommy bedtime to see how the story ends.



Part of my mission this month was to read two books. So when I saw The Longest Ride on shelves I immediately grabbed it. I had a hard time putting it down from page one. I even read it on the plane when traveling with my two minions solo. That is how much I love this book.

A completely random tale of three people whose lives become tangled at the most mysterious, perfect time in all of their lives. Ira, an old Jewish man in his late 90's, is on his way to visit the spot of his & his late wife's honeymoon for the final time. When the road and darkness meet, he loses control of the car causing a crash. As he goes in and out for days, he sees his late wife Ruth who talks him through their amazing life together allowing him to hold on for dear life. Sophia, a Jersey girl who fled her hometown for a college scholarship to Wake Forest, is anything but the typical sorority girl. As she is dragged along to a bull riding competition to escape her break-up from the guy on campus, he follows her creating an altercation that changes her fate forever. Luke, a country bull rider, is just trying to make a living and help keep his mother's farm alive. He is looking for trouble or love, but he manages to find both on one fall night.

In a 300 page novel of love, laughter, and life, you will be on the edge of your seat wondering how it all unfolds for the three riveting characters.

You can pick up a copy of the book here. And the movie just hit theaters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment