Last Saturday evening we had a very successful EATF Spring Mixed Doubles Round Robin. We had 50 people participate which was amazing! Some great tennis, fun socializing, delicious food, and fabulous facility. All for a GREAT cause making it all the more fun!!
I didn't take many pictures as I was out and about talking up our foundation to guests who were rotating out of the tennis round robin. Not one of our committee members is employed. I never thought to highlight this point because we all know that we are volunteers and we do this to better the sport that we love so much. But apparently it makes a HUGE difference to our guests as they love the fact that 100% of their money goes to our grantees!
I am so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group of women and organization!
|Our Group A Winners!|
The Eastern Adult Tennis Foundation is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization created to bring public attention and financial support for worthy, grassroots tennis programs for adult and senior participation.
The Foundation’s mission is accomplished by:
- Providing grant and seed monies to outstanding programs designed to increase participation in adult tennis within the USTA Eastern Section.
- Increasing outreach to Community Tennis Associations, inner-city areas and lower income communities to make them aware that grants are available for adult, senior, and super senior tennis programs.
- Promoting the health benefits of tennis to adults and seniors.
- Providing grants to start up adult and senior wheelchair tennis programs and special population programs.
- Awarding grants annually for senior and adult team assistance and community initiatives.