Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A New Year, A New Project

January means resetting on the past year. A clean slate. A fresh start. It also means that I generally make up several household projects to complete...because there really is nothing better than start off the year feeling accomplished.

I decided to do something with those photo Christmas cards that had been collecting dust for over half a decade...



And I wanted to finally style our office bookshelves. You know three years after moving into this house...








picture of me with my Mama Comley











my mommy and me


I used mostly things that we already had and then browsed Target and Homegoods for sale items. Our shelves are painted green so I needed to find complimentary colors. I wanted it to look more rustic and mainly as it is technically Ryan's office. I had so many black frames already and several brown so I went with adding yellow/gold pieces. A few pops of color with the coral globes, red heart bookends, and teal flower vase (all of which we already had). I color coordinated the books based off the spine color. I love the addition of the newborn canvas prints of my babies. The whole project only took me about 3 hours which is amazing when you have a toddler who wants to "help" and a baby who loves attention :)

What projects do you have planned in the new year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment