Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Zooming Into His Sixties: A Surprise 60th Birthday Party


My daddy-o zoomed into his 60s this past weekend with a killer surprise birthday bash (today is his actual birthday!). We had been planning the shendig for years now and couldn't have been happier with the execution. The theme of course was cars. All things FORD and sports cars. We pretty much cleared out Hobby Lobby with their car decor :)
 
 









 

We had all of his favorite foods...mini sliders, mini bbq sliders, mini hot dogs, mac n' cheese, chocolate donuts, classic coca colas, and even a milkshake bar! 








3 little dancing queens














 
It says a lot about a man for people to travel near & far to celebrate him. It says even more when people rose to the occasion of sending in 60 memories of my dad. I compiled them into a memory book. 60 vintage envelopes numbered one through sixty, each with a memory inside.






















the entrance of Daddy-O!


















 



























 

























 
 

I don't know how I got to be so lucky to have William Kevin Collins as my daddy, but I am sure glad that I did. For those of you who know him, you know that he is the epitome of class, integrity, honesty, and loyalty. As I collected the memories from family & friends throughout his 60 years, these characteristics were a common theme throughout. I cannot tell you how many times I was moved to tears from utter pride of calling this man my father.



"You have loved me since the day I was born; but daddy, I have loved you my whole life."

No comments:

Post a Comment