Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Station Twelve: Jesus Dies on the Cross

As Jesus hung on the cross, he forgave the soldiers who had crucified him, and prayed for his mother and friends. Jesus wanted all of us to be able to live forever with God, so he gave all he had for us.

I can remember the days vividly when my grandparents passed away. Although they had all been in pain for some time, it was still very difficult to now the finality of them passing from Earth. To know that their end was coming, I feel like in some ways they made amends or said their final peace with people in their lives, now looking back. And in some way, I am sure they felt a greater peace wash over them knowing they were going to Heaven to be with the Lord.

As Jesus is dying, He prayers for those who have crucified Him (a brave task as most humans wouldn't do this) and for his family. For as He died, He gave us eternal life. What a sacrifice!!



Jesus, let me take a few moments now to consider your love for me. Help me thank you for your willingness to go to your death for me. Help me express my love for you!


(All italicized quotes/prayers have been taken from www.catholic.org/prayers/stations)

No comments:

Post a Comment