Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Station Thirteen: The Body of Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross

 Jesus, how brutally you were put to death. How gently your are taken from the cross. Your suffering and pain are ended, and you are put in the lap of your mother. The dirt and blood are wiped away. You are treated with love. 


At a funeral, the family gets one last goodbye privately before their loved one is buried. I have always found this to be a beautiful thing to say how much you loved them and kiss their face or hand one last time. However, I truly believe that we should speak our heart to those we love always. There is no greater feeling than telling someone just how much they mean to you face to face while they are alive. It is something that you can never take back or redo if the opportunity is lost.

Jesus suffering has ended as His mother, Mary, cradles Him once last time. What a surreal moment for her it must have been to know that Her son was no longer suffering but that He was indeed gone from this Earth.




As an adult, I seem to be kinder when someone dies. If only I could learn to see the good things about them while they were alive. If only I would tell those around me how much I love them, while I still have the opportunity to do so. Help me look for the good in those around me, especially those I love the most. Help me live this day as if it were the last. Help me become a more gentle and loving person through my greater appreciation for those around me.


(All italicized quotes/prayers have been taken from www.catholic.org/prayers/stations)

No comments:

Post a Comment