Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cinderella: A Broadway Review



Tuesday evening my mom and I enjoyed a night out in the city. We traveled via train into NYC to see the broadway show Cinderella. I had been dying to see it and thought my mom would certainly enjoy it while in town. It did not disappoint.

Playing at the Broadway Theatre in Times Square and starring Carly Rae Jespen (Cinderella) and Fran Drescher (Madame), the musical was one of the best I've ever seen. Right from the start it was magical in true Cinderella fashion. Rodgers & Hammerstein certainly knew what they were doing when they wrote this fairytale.





The scenery was beyond amazing as were the costumes. From rags to riches in a matter of moments, characters transformed in front of our very eyes. Just like magic! The acting and vocals were phenomenal and made for a roaring crowd. Moments of great laughter as well as moments of touching the heart. An all-around delightful show and evening with my mom!



If you are in the New York area, do go and see Cinderella. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment