Friday, March 28, 2014

Adelaide Jane: 18 (1/2) Months

Dearest Adelaide,

I can hardly believe that you are a year and a half already. You have grown so much in the last 6 months that I am in awe daily. Your personality continues to blossom and you have become such a big "helper" for mommy & daddy. 

You just went on your first big international trip and boy were you a popular, celebrity among the locals everywhere. Your charming smile stole the hearts of many South Americans. You also tried mango juice for the first time on this trip and fell in love. Sucking down an entire cup in seconds. And you have become a french fry connoisseur in Peru, Argentina, & Brazil.

Currently you give high fives, hugs, & kisses. You also blow kisses from afar. You love to sit in your room in the rocker and read stories by yourself or with mommy & daddy reading. You like to throw your diaper (or any other trash) in the trash can; immediately pointing out that it is trash. You smile and say cheese for the camera...just after wrapping your arms around us which is by far the most adorable thing ever. 




You ask for your "B" which is your bunny. You tell Beaumont, "no puppy" when he is barking. You recognize pictures of mommy, daddy, Beaumont, Mimi, Papa, and Giorgio. Every time the phone rings you say, "Hi Mimi" and frequently ask to call or Facetime her and Papa. You also like to pick up the phone and say "Hello Mimi, Papa." My heart melts. 




You love for us to sing songs to you. Particularly the wheels on the bus with our own made up animals who ride along. The days of the week in French song. Head-shoulders-knees-and toes (in English and French). You either roll your arms to indicate the wheels on the bus or pat your head to indicate head-shoulders-knees-and-toes. I love it!

Your vocabulary amazes me as you are very vocal, like your mommy ;) I never liked to count your words because I have never been worried about your verbal development, but since being in South America you were catching on to so many things daily that I thought it would be neat to record the words that you do say frequently.

Here they are:
Hi
Hello
Bye Bye
Adelaide
Mommy, Mom
Daddy, Dad
Beaumont, Beau, Beau Beau
Puppy
Dog
Baby
Mimi
Papa
Giorgio
Aunt B (for Taylor)
Jesus 
Amen
Snack
Cheese
Banana
Apple
Water
Agua
Trash
Book
Pee pee
Poo poo
More, No more
I see
Please
Thank you (TT mommy or daddy)
Up
Down
Bird
Cat
Cow
Fish
Alpaca
Horse
B for bunny
Monkey (me me)
Mickey Mouse
Toes
Head
Teeth
Nose
Eyes
Ears
Ciao
Hola
Bonjour
Au Revoir
iPad
Happy
Cup
Top
Puffs
Pouch
Mine
Nana
Pops
No
Uh oh
Boo boo
Hot (hot hot when something is warm)
Tree
Treat
Night night
Santa (to anyone who has a white beard)
Shoe
Hair bow
Towel
Fa la la la la
Ho ho ho
Pirates
Toodles

You are learning news things every minute and I love watching you grow. I love you big girl and can't wait for you to be a big sister to the new baby. I know you will be great!

I Love You!

Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment