Thursday, March 27, 2014

Station Seven: Jesus Falls the Second Time

This is the second time you have fallen on the road. As the cross grows heavier and heavier it becomes more difficult to get up. But you continue to struggle and try until you're up and walking again. You don't give up.


I can't count how many times I have fallen. Times I have been weak. I am not always proud of how I carry my crosses but I do always manage to stand up and keep on going. I have been blessed with an amazing life thus far and luckily my crosses are minor compared to others. Yet there have been times when my cross has been to much to bare at a given moment.

If we only fell once in life, it would be pretty easy. But with struggle comes strength and growth which is what life is all about. Learning from our mistakes and continuing on our journey as we strive to be better people. 





As an adult, sometimes I think I should know more than I do. I become impatient with myself and find it hard to believe in myself when I fail. It is easy to despair over small things, and sometimes I do. Help me when things seem difficult for me. Even when it's hard, help me get up and keep trying as you did. Help me do my best without comparing myself with others.



(All italicized quotes/prayers have been taken from www.catholic.org/prayers/stations)

No comments:

Post a Comment