Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Circus Life: Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Legends

Last Friday, Whitney & I took the girls to see the circus. The circus of all circuses that is. The Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. We ventured into Brooklyn to the Barclays Center for a girls only afternoon.

Caileigh, I knew, would sit right through it in amazement. As for Adelaide, I was a little iffy on if I thought she could do it. She just doesn't do sitting. But with 8th row seats, I believed she would be able to see the animals and register what was happening. I was right.

















This girl bounced and bounced to every song they sang, to the lights & fire, to the dancing, and to the animals of all sorts. She was in 7th heaven and so was I. Just watching her excitement and simple joy solidified that I had made the best decision.



Now there were a few minor mishaps because after all we were at the circus and LIFE is a CIRCUS ;) Little miss was bouncing all about so much that her diaper slid off her butt cheek causing her to pee right on my leg. No worries I was wearing my UK blue jeans. During intermission we grabbed a pretzel & hot dog for snack. She may have put me into a full blown sweat as she pulled my hair (there is a first for everything right?) and slapped my face. And as we were leaving I may have dropped my cell phone and only noticed later when I was in the bathroom (which didn't lock and my child kept trying to bust out while I was mid pee). So I returned to our seats on the hunt for my iPhone to find it gone and Adelaide cruising the aisles with a used banana peel in her hand. Sick. Gag me. Tears. The phone was turned in to lost and found which was a God-send. And Adelaide did kick off her brand new Uggs but those were recovered too. Oh my circus life ;)

Nonetheless, we had an absolute blast making memories with our friends & girls. We love the circus and all the shenanigans that come with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment