Thursday, February 20, 2014

31: Age Ain't Nothin' But A Number

Or so they say...but I do believe it. Example: I met the sweetest little old lady a few weeks ago at the nail salon. We were both drying our nails and struck up a convo. I would have guessed she was in her late 60s. Try 85 with a good 15 years or more of life to live. She was cute as a button and had driven out in the snow storm because she had cabin fever. Life is what we make it and we only feel as old as our minds & bodies make us feel.

Fast forward to this past Tuesday when I turned 31. It sounds different. Not in my 20s but now on the "other side" of 30. Truth be told, this February I have been concentrating on so many Valentine's activities & plans plus the Superbowl and the Winter Olympics that I sort of forgot about my bday for a bit. Or at least the hype of it all. Maybe because last year was such a BIG birthday you know turning 30 and all. Maybe because my life is all about doing for Adelaide, baby #2, & Ryan that I just haven't thought about it. Or maybe because after all these years I have finally decided to let my birthday be a passing flutter...ha who am I kidding it definitely isn't option number 3 ;) I believe birthdays are a big deal and each one should be celebrated in a special way because you are not promised another.

Nonetheless, I felt the love and surprises planned for my birthday celebration this year even more probably because I wasn't concentrated on them. Ryan planned a wonderful weekend with a family day Saturday of shopping & bonding time followed by a surprise dinner with our amazing friends the Kennedys at Truck. We topped off the day with glorious cheesecake and conversation at their house.






Sunday we headed out to Robibero Winery where we celebrated our first anniversary to enjoy wine tasting & dessert pairing. You can imagine how much dessert I consumed...as in for two very hungry people ;)









My actual birthday was spent being active with prenatal yoga and a great tennis game. Then I watched all of Adelaide's sweet friends & her play at our weekly playgroup. I love seeing her interact with her friends and seeing them grow daily.



girls being girls ;)

yummy spread!

cheesin' with the shades


birthday roses from Mom & Dad


The next day I treated myself to a facial and a walk around the mall. Yes I love browsing the mall. By myself. In no rush. With a Starbucks in hand. Looking for nothing in particular. Followed by dinner with some of my mom friends at The Ocean House.

I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people here in New York to have shared & celebrated another year of life with and for having a husband who knows how to spoil me ;)


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great birthday - so thankful you have such a thoughtful hubby to plan such a sweet day and wonderful friends up there to make you feel as special as you are:).

    ReplyDelete