Thursday, February 6, 2014

David & Goliath: A Book Review

While on my layover on the way to Naples, I decided to snag a book to read.  I used to read non-stop but since Adelaide's arrival I've drastically cutback. But with no set schedule and a lot of relaxation planned in Naples, I decided to scoop up the newest Malcolm Gladwell book. So glad I did.



Gladwell never disappoints and David &Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and The Art of Battling Guants was no different. The concept is simple. Things aren't always what they seem, and too much power or power without legitimacy can be a negative in society. Centered by the story of David & Goliath, Gladwell recounts story after story throughout history of how the underdog rises above the giant. From classroom size to Ivy League schools and civil rights to criminal imprisonment, Gladwell exposes the advantages of disadvantages, the desirability of difficulties, and the limits of power.

Truly a great read for all readers alike. Pick up a copy at your local bookstore or older online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment