Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Good Night World: A Book Series

Last January when I was waiting in the airport upon my return from L. Marquette's bachelorette weekend in Scottsdale, I started perusing the gift shop looking for something to take back to Adelaide. My parents always returned from trips with a little something for us kids, and I wanted to continue this special tradition. I wanted to get her something that represented Arizona as well as something that would be relevant as she grows up. Also I wanted whatever it was to be educational and something we could share in together.

Subconsciously I always gravitate towards books because I am such a bookworm and have been since I was a little child. I stumbled upon the cutest little book: Good Night Arizona. Perfect! What a great gift that Adelaide will use time & time again over the years as I read to her and educate her on life in Arizona. I purchased a copy and set it on her nightstand atop the already high stack. During our bedtime ritual, I read it to her as I rocked her to sleep.



Fast forward to May when we went to Boston for Mother's Day weekend. I was on the hunt for a little memento from the trip. Low & behold I found Good Night America!

When we went to California, I desperately searched for the Good Night California book in every city we visited. It wasn't until we spent our last day in San Diego at the Hotel del Coronado that I found it.

So now I'm on a mission to find one from each state Adelaide has visited thus far in her life. I hope someday she will have a fabulous collection of 50 books all about the great states of America!




For a list of all the books out so far, check out their website. And to purchase, click here.

**Santa is most likely delivering Good Night North Pole this year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment