Thursday, March 7, 2013

21 Days Later: It's Time to Change Your Life

It is March. March means lots of things like flowers, sunshine, and spring break. Yep those two little words that, as students, we lived for from about first grade until senior year in college. Some of us still hang onto those two little words. Myself included.

My family is hitting the beaches of Naples, FL in a few weeks and well post-baby body condition coupled with my obscene addiction to chocolate and wine hasn't left me as toned as I would like to be. Enter my friend Bryen Pinkard, founder of Bryen's Bootcamp and his 21 Days Later customized program. The program is a combination of healthy nutrition and intense weight training.



Now when I received my custom program I was a little nervous. Not so much about the exercises because collegiate tennis was also a full blown weight training venture, but the nutritional portion terrified me. I generally grab whatever is in the fridge or whatever tickles my fancy while cruising the streets of Westchester County; however 21 Days Later calls for 5 to 6 meals with very specific guidelines and food groups. Plus a strong suggestion of no caffeine or alcohol warning at the top of the list made me weary.

So I made a little trip to the grocery store to load up on my inventory. I spent Tuesday night prepping healthy options for breakfast and dinner. Since we are usually on the go in the middle of the day, I made little snack packs for meals 2 through 4. This way I won't be tempted to stop at good ole' McD's for fuel.

Day one of twenty-one began yesterday, and I am off to a great start. My body feels great (you know that good sore feeling?), and my mind is energized. If I can already feel the burn, I can't wait to see the end result.

Below are my "before" pictures:



I will be blogging about my progress once a week over the next three weeks. Follow along and help encourage me as I embark on this 21 day journey to a healthier, more toned me! And if you are interested in your own custom program, please let me know or contact Bryen at BryensBootCamp@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment