Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Copy Cat Closet: Rockin' Shorts in the Winter

This week's Copy Cat Closet challenge called for winter shorts. I immediately recalled how I wore such attire last winter in California. We were spending our last full day in San Francisco and decided to head up to Napa for some wine tasting. The air was "cooler" as you take note of the Uggs; yet clearly warm enough to wear fishnet tights and leave my coat at home.




Tank Top: Express
Blouse: Ditto (Australian)
Shorts: Ditto (Australian)
Tights: Forever 21
Boots: Uggs
Sunglasses: Tiffany's


So despite the frigid temps (9 degrees) here in New York at the present, I decided to rock something similar...adjusting for the chills though! I added thicker tights and leg warmers to keep my twigs warm. I also bundled up with a scarf and forewent the tank, keeping my button-down buttoned up. I liked the black & grey color theme but thought a touch of color would be cute. Thus the pink bow beanie. I scored the boots for Christmas from Ryan and I adore them. I was missing a pair of boots without a heel which is key post-baby. Plus the color works with so much.

What do you think about my New York winter shorts??!!

**Excuse the self-photography as the hubby wasn't home to capture the snapshot.







Blouse: Ditto (Australian)
Shorts: Ditto (Australian)
Tights: Express
Leg Warmers: Forever 21
Boots: Glaze 
Scarf: vintage
Hat: Forever 21


If you are interested in linking up, be sure to visit Ma Nouvelle Mode and get style inspiration directly to your inbox! I can't wait to see what each new challenge brings for my inner fashionista because this new mommy needs all the style tips she can get!


the Grant life;


2 comments:

  1. I love this look, those shorts are to die for! You're so cute, it doesn't look like you need any fashion advice, that's for sure! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete