Tuesday, January 22, 2013

40 Love: A Book Review

I spotted this novel in Barnes & Noble back in July and found the flirty tennis reference unmistakable. I had to have it. Posted on my Pinterest wish board, I received the book as a Christmas gift. I started it while en route to Scottsdale and finished it while sipping a glass of champagne. Very fitting. Read it and you'll see what I mean.



A fun-hearted British comedy authored by Madeleine Wickham (aka Sophie Kinsella of the famed Shopaholic Series) and set in the countryside of the acclaimed White House. Caroline & Patrick Chance set out to host a simple tennis weekend with friends. But the eclectic mix of couples, snooty Charles & Cressida, envious Stephen & Annie, corky Don & Valerie, makes for more than a simple weekend. Stakes are high. Betrayal is rapid. Laughter is inevitable.

40 Love offers an adult perspective to life as we all struggle to understand what its about anyways. Light with words; powerful with content. A must read if you enjoy humor, pimms, and gossip.




No comments:

Post a Comment