Sunday, November 11, 2012

Whitney & Ryan: Surviving the First Year

Today we celebrate one year of marriage. To say its been a whirlwind would be an understatement. I don't know many people who manage to get married, take a fabulous international honeymoon, move across the country, buy a new car, buy a house, and a have a baby all in 365 days...much less successfully without killing one another :)



In sticking with tradition, I wanted to give Ryan a *paper* gift and I wanted it to be meaningful & not cheesy. I examined our favorite things coming up with one common theme: exploring. We love to try new things especially in our local community. So with my creative imagination and a little help from Pinterest, I came up with 12 dates (one per month for the next year) that have us exploring New York.

**I would also like to note that the modern gift is clock so I figured these dates give us time together. And coincidentally, one of the symbols of the first anniversary is the gem peridot which happens to be Ms. Adelaide's birthstone. I thought that was pretty nifty**

I created different dates according to the month & any accompanying holiday while making sure that we had not been to or experienced the date activities. Each date involves some type of dining whether it be brunch, dinner, cocktails, or dessert. Preceded or followed by a fun activity. The idea is to continue growing & exploring with one another all year long.



For the presentation, I crafted up 12 manilla envelopes with scrapbook stickers and printed card stock. Inside each envelope is a description of the date along with directions, tickets, menus, etc that pertain to that specific date.

As the year goes on, I plan to create a scrapbook page for each date so we can look back and remember the wonderful times we had during our 2nd year of marriage :) Of course I will be blogging about them too!

So for our first date of our 2nd year as husband & wife, we are heading up to Robibero Family Vineyards to enjoy a little wine tasting followed by lunch at The Gilded Otter. I thought in honor of our wine country wedding that it was only fitting to *pretend* to be back in Solvang at Lincourt. Cheers! Can't wait to share the deets with you :)

It has certainly been a year to remember and one that I will always cherish close to my heart. And I look forward to many, many more years of love & marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment