Wednesday, October 24, 2012

People Like Us: A Movie Review

I'm a sucker for a movie preview that makes me cry. I will undoubtedly see whatever it is at some point if the 2 minute trailer evokes that much emotion from me. Awhile back, People Like Us previewed when we went to see *some other sob story*. I knew instantly that I would love it.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when we were in Kentucky and my sister-in-law Amanda mentioned that it was available On-Demand. I couldn't wait to get back and watch it one evening. So Adelaide and I cuddled up on the couch and proceeded to be mesmerized by the story.

A young man avoids tries to avoid returning home for his father's funeral despite his girlfriend's efforts to get him out to California to mourn. While he is paying his respects, he finds a small pouch packed with $150,000 and a note directing him to take care of them. As the story unfolds, Sam (Chris Pine) discovers secrets of his father's past that lead him to Frankie (Elizabeth Banks) and Josh (Michael Hall D'Addario). The three become close until Sam's secret is exposed leaving Frankie heartbroken and angry. But like all stories, love finds a way to save the day teaching us lessons about family and secrets along the way.

With an all-star cast delivering an emotional performance that makes you question your past and urges you to live in the present, People Like Us will touch your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment