Friday, October 19, 2012

Hosting a Holiday: Thanksgiving Table Setting

I am a bit of a *perfectionist* especially when it comes to entertaining. With the upcoming holiday of Thanksgiving and both families coming up for the occassion, the pressure is on as I host my first adult-family gathering. But babies cost money...a LOT of money...so we are on a budget for this joyous dinner party.

Back to that perfectionist thing, I had been lusting after this dinnerware set ever since I knew we were hosting t-giving in New York. I kept watching Amazon for pricing, but by the time I got around to purchasing, the set was sold out. So I was back to the drawing board and having no luck until I was roaming Walmart for some flannel sheets. I stumbled upon their fall section and voila: Better Homes & Garden Harvest dinnerware. I scored dinner plates, salad plates, and dessert plates all for $2.48 a piece!! Talk about a steal. I managed to grab a few serving platters and bowls as well as some festive placemats.

To add a personal touch, I found these place cards at Michael's. And following in a Collins family tradition, I grabbed a few festive poppers for a fun spin on Thanksgiving.



So what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. What? No homemade Indian headbands? That's not adult enough for you? :)

    ReplyDelete