Thursday, September 20, 2012

Copy Cat Closet: Dressing Up a Chambray

Once again, I'm linking up with Ma Nouvelle Mode and the Copy Cat Closet series. This weeks challenge included dressing up a chambray top (or similar style button down shirt) for a fall look. Since I didn't have any big plans for the week, I opted to try this outfit out to church on Sunday evening. Two and a half weeks post baby has me a bit more comfortable with various pieces in my wardrobe which helped me branch out for this challenge.

I opted for my pink chambray-like blouse as it is a lighter material but has the three-quarter link sleeves for a more fall look. To really go for something I wouldn't ordinarily pair together, I decided on my brown flowy skirt. Normally I pair this skirt with a cream top & strappy heels in the spring or a brown sweater & boots in the fall.




Completing the look via accessories, I chose my brown knee high boots and Buechel Bill necklace in honor of my Papa Collins, and a few gold bangles. Perhaps all a little too fancy for church, but this girl doesn't need an excuse to try something new :)

What do you think?!

If you are interested in linking up, be sure to visit Ma Nouvelle Mode and get style inspiration directly to your inbox! I can't wait to see what each new challenge brings for my inner fashionista because this new mommy needs all the style tips she can get!


the Grant life

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I love this! And seriously, 2 1/2 weeks?? You look fabulous! Love the pink shirt and the skirt, it really does work. And I'm with ya, who needs a reason to dress up! It's just fun to look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look you pulled together! Super cutesy Whit! P.S. You look amazeballllllllls! Miss you!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com
    Enter my giveaway for a NYFW Beauty Bag here!

    ReplyDelete