Friday, August 10, 2012

A New York Baby Shower

In the first week of moving to New York, I just happened to be at the right place at the right time to meet Ms. Abbi, the tennis guru of Westchester County. She didn't even hesitate to welcome me into her community and life. The rest, as they say, is history. 

the fabulous hostesses: Abbi & Kim

Wednesday afternoon, Abbi & Kim (her neighbor who I have become fast friends with) hosted a beautiful baby shower for me. With an intimate, sit-down lunch setting, we enjoyed fresh tuna, shrimp, salad, and veggies. Abbi's house is amazing and has been preserved to keep the New England feel with a spice of antique and family living.

gorgeous table setting and lunch
Kim prepared a healthy dessert of angel food cake and fruit topped with whipped cream of course! Complete with gender equal decorations to be fair to little Baby T which included precious Max & Madeline dolls, girl & boy balloons, and his & her flamingo accents.

gender equality :)
After filling our tummies, we headed out to the patio for some arts & crafts. Everyone decorated a little onesie for our bundle of joy. It was fun to see the unique & creative work from my Westchester friends.

onesie decorating party!
I am beyond blessed to have such a wonderful women to call my friends. They have spared nothing when it comes to making me feel welcome in this new community. With open arms, these women have invited me to their homes, hobbies, and happenings. 

Without my mom here to help me navigate motherhood, I find comfort in knowing that I have many "surrogates" who are more than happy to be a support system as I embark on this new journey of being a mommy!



No comments:

Post a Comment