Thursday, August 23, 2012

39 Weeks: A Very Cozy Watermelon & The Silver Lining

A Cozy Watermelon:



While Baby T is getting smarter by the minute (according to the Bump), his/her mommy is getting more and more impatient. Aside from the usual swelling of the ankles, lack of consistent sleep, and out-of-control nesting, I have developed a severe love for all things pumpkin but never seem to actually be hungry. Hmm odd combo.

I am thanking my lucky starts that the NHO is taking place this week giving me a much needed distraction. If I had to be a couch potato in this agony, I might just deliver this child myself. I am very serious about this.



The Silver Lining:



My mom arrives today! Woo hoo! She will no doubt have me hustling around for dinner and shopping which should evict her grand-baby sooner rather than later. Hey, a girl can hope right?!

Due date and coincidentally eviction day is exactly one week from today. 7 days. The end is actually insight finally. Yes my doctor, who has a soft spot for hysterically crying pregnant women, has agreed to induce me on my due date should my stubborn child refuse to evacuate prior to the 30th of August.

So for the next week, I have decided to indulge in all of the things I like to do such as get manis & pedis, go to the movies, play tennis (crazy I know), read, watch scary TV shows, go shopping, frequent Starbucks for skinny iced mochas with whipped cream of course, etc. How does that saying go, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"? Which is exactly what I plan to do. My child is cozy & content in my womb so I might as well be as cozy & content with him/her in there.

Cheers to my last week of being baby-less!

2 comments:

  1. Yayy!! Hoping your last week is fabulous! But it will be even more fabulous with the little one is here too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing I was inducing in a week made me relax. I think it was the KNOWING that he was coming one way or another. Enjoy this week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete