Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Haven Open at Yale

I started working professional tennis tournaments 7 years ago. Oddly enough, when I ventured to Miami for grad school in 2005, while my major was Sport Admin, a career in tennis never crossed my mind (despite being such a huge part of my life). Enter divine intervention and common sense and I had my first gig with the NASDAQ-100.

IMG Tennis led me to the William Sisters Tour, Advanta Championships, Bank of the West Classic, & now the New Haven Open. Everywhere I've lived, I have been fortunate enough to find a tennis tournament to be a part of. And I adore them. All of them.

The NHO held at the prestigious Yale kicked off Friday with qualifying as well as the US Open Playoff Series on our outer courts. Perfect weather was ordered for the weekend and it operated for the most part aside from a few morning showers on Saturday. By Sunday, the crowds were hopping in part thanks to Aetna's Kids Day and the beginning of main draw tennis. Lined with vendor booths including Green Mountain Coffee (handing out delicious ice coffee samples), Molton Brown & their beautified products, and Lexus' car display with ping pong challenges as well as delicious treats of Crepes, crab cakes, and Ben & Jerry's frosty treats, the weekend proved to be a huge success. Oh plus world class tennis from 5 of the Top 10 WTA players!

I'm looking forward to a full-week of more tennis, entertainment, and fun on & off the courts! If you live in the CT/NY area, be sure to stop by for a day or night of excitement!

working 9 to 5 at 38 weeks

Laura Robson and the kids doing the draw

staying at the New Haven Lawn Club

No comments:

Post a Comment