Monday, August 20, 2012

25 Before 25: Officially A Published Author!

I began writing this book back in 2007 as I turned 25 years of age. It was a very low point in my life filled with a lot of pain and heartache, self pity and destruction, anger and sadness. The purpose of the book was for me to heal through writing out my thoughts and feelings. Putting them all on paper to rid them from my mind and heart. What happened was a four year long project that exposed myself by being honest, practicing humility, and gaining back my strength.

So emerged from my efforts came 25 Before 25, a guide for women of 25 things all women should know before turning 25. It is broken down into the 5 main categories of a woman's life: self, sisters, significant others, sex, and stuff. Compiled using my own life experiences, a touch of common sense, and the grace of God, the finish product is finally here.



In June, after much discussion with Ryan and planning with my publishing team, I took the plunge and hit the ground running. My team at Create Space and I worked diligently for several months with editing, layout, design, PR, marketing, and advertising to get 25 Before 25 where it needed to be before launch time. I am so proud to announce that we have completed the task, and I am officially a published author!

The goal all along has been to heal from within while (hopefully) providing new insight to women navigating their own journey through life. I hope that each of you will take the time to read my story and allow it to touch your life in some way. For my male readers, I encourage you to pick the book up for a friend or better yet read it yourself so you can get a peek into the female mind, heart, & soul.


To purchase a copy and to learn more about 25 Before 25, check out the website by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment