Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: A Book Review




For mother's day, my mother-in-law sent me this little secret gem as I prepare to be a real mom. I've kept away from reading most books that can terrify you regarding pregnancy and parenthood. This book, however, was a pleasure to read. Educational and witty while filled with lots of common sense reiteration.

If you're in the market for a good mommy-to-be book, I highly recommend picking this one up. The British baby whisperer is a genius and quite funny. She gives you the confidence to parent with tips for mom and dad. She puts your mind at ease by citing examples of everyday people working through the same mistakes and incidents that are bound to be thrown your way.


But if you don't have time to read from front to back, take a peek at my take-away points:


  • do not be pressured by others. not your mom, mother-in-law, sister(s), friends, or strangers. do what feels right for you and your child. trust your instincts.
  • your baby is an actual person so treat him/her with respect from the get go. talk to them, not at them. explain what you are doing when you interact with them.
  • create independence for your child by observing and learning rather than interrupting at the slightest whimper or whine. no baby ever died from crying. each cry means something different so by being attentive you are better understanding your baby's needs.
  • you are not the first mom/dad to make mistakes. and you will certainly not be the last. cut yourself some slack. give yourself a break or a pat on the back...whichever is needed at the time.
I have this fine read on my nightstand so when every my fears or inhibitions creep up I can reach for it to give myself a confidence boost. You should too!

Click here to purchase and be on your way to knowing all the secrets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment