Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Lesson in Nesting

When I realized that I was rapidly approaching the 5 month mark of pregnancy, I felt a sudden panic and overdrive to get things done. The nursery. The baby's bathroom. Painting the guest bedrooms. Finalizing our furniture purchases. Reconstructing the basement (I heart UM but can forego the bright orange & green colors). Mind overload. To top off things, our entire family as in both sides is coming up for Thanksgiving so the pressure is on to have the house completely put together by then. Every last little decoration.

In an attempt to not overwhelm myself too much, I made two separate lists: pre-baby and pre-turkey day. I thought this would help me prioritize and keep my cool. Not so much. When I want things done, I want them done now. Which is not the best when your husband has two actual days per week he can help equating into really one day as he has his own weekend agenda.

So despite being preggo, I have been putting myself to work. Nothing too crazy but enough to make me feel like we are progressing in the right direction...I think!

In a nutshell, this is what nesting looks like at our house:

baby bath coordinates

all in the details

night light for baby T's room

painting in progress

looks more like a construction sight

the one and only thing we have done to our bedroom

hanging time

project mirror in foyer (aka Friday the 13th nightmare)



I'll be glad when nesting goes and completion comes ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm about to join you in this, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're making progress, hooray! What happens with the mirror??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is coming together perfectly. And your teeny bump is precious. I am so happy for you:).

    ReplyDelete