Thursday, April 19, 2012

DIY Painted Vases

I've been meaning to knock a few DIY projects off my Pinterest board but hadn't gotten around to doing so. Can't imagine why right? The other day I got inspired now that major holidays are over until the fall, leaving me semi-decorless for a bit. Enter DIYs.

I am taking them one at a time and adding a littler color to our house. We just don't have the budget for me to buy ever last decor to fill this house so I'm improvising and hitting up Dollar Tree & Michael's to add some spice. These vases were pretty simple. So if I can do them, you can do them.

Inspired by this:


I created these:



I just bought vases from the dollar store, PermEnamel surface conditioner, PermEnamel paint (colors of your choice), and faux flowers from Michael's. You wash the vases and let them dry. Then apply a coat of the conditioner to the inside of the vases. Let it dry. Then apply your color to the inside of the vases. Turn them over to remove excess paint. Dry overnight and love your new creation come morning.

Get crafty my friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment