Friday, December 2, 2011

We're On Fiji Time (aka honeymoon part 6 finale)

The last 4 days of our honeymoon were spent doing nothing. Nothing meaning eating, drinking, laying on the beach, swimming, snorkeling, getting massages, and sleeping. So not a technical nothing, but a good nothing in my book.

After our river safari, we slept in until 11am. As a kid, my life was always on the go and sleeping in was just not a part of that. We errands to run, sports practices to attend, grandparents to visit, parents to travel with, so on and so forth. My mom and I share the same trait as being a busy body which often requires little sleep. In my adult days, I try to get more sleep as a way to make up for lost hours slept. Plus snuggling up to the hubby in a private bure had a nice feel to it ;) A lazy day as we said involved laying on the beach, napping in the hammock, reading, and ordering dine-in for dinner. I basically wore my bikini or robe all day. Now that is a real vacation people.

view from the lobby

paradise

husband

beach

husband again

sand and water

hello water. i miss you.

don't make me get out!


When the sky fell dark and the stars came out to play, I wiggled my way to the ledge overlooking to beach outside our bure. With a few lights from the walkway behind me, I could get a glimpse of the clear ocean floor and the water breathing next to the sand. I saw the nightlife of our sea creatures. Fish floundering around. Crabs scurrying across the sand. I heard the waves crash softly against the reef wall a few feet out. Whispering sweet nothings to me. In the faint distance, ever so often I would see a flash of light out in the pacific. A boat sailing who knows where. And then just like that it would disappear off the earth into the night. I have always been amazed by the water; ever since I was a little kid. I love the heat of warm weather and the touch of the ocean to cool me off (hence why Miami was a glorious place for me). It reminds me of my childhood, our family trips to FL, and time spent with my grandparents. There is something soothing about it all to me.

The following day kicked off with a buffet breakfast and walk along the beach. Then more sun time where I became a very bronzed biscuit red lobster. With his last surprise ready, Ryan scooped me up and we went to the Bebe Spa on top of the resort. This spa just won first prize as best spa in all of Asia-Pacific. It deserved the award hands down from our experience. Each treatment room has a built in bath on the deck along with a private shower and the most beautiful views on the property. Greeted with warmth, we were taken to the private locker rooms to change and get comfy before we settled into the main spa deck for a cup of tea and beach viewing. Next up was our treatment where we received a complimentary foot massage complete with exfoliation and the smoothest moisturizing cream out there. Then we laid on the tables for our Fiji BoBo Massage. Hands down. Best massage I have ever had in my life. And you all know I get massages on the reg. I've had them from all over the world and nothing beats the Fiji BoBo.

pre massage

locker room view


Post massage, we went for a glass of champagne at the KaloKalo Bar located on to of the spa. It is the best kept secret of the entire resort. Views of the hillsides, beaches, pacific, and beyond. Very romantic and peaceful. The GM happened to be having a VIP cocktail reception that evening for major guests such as honeymooners, returning guests, and couples getting married at the resort. We saw 3 weddings at the Outrigger over the course of our time there. Gorgeous spot to tie the knot! We really enjoyed mingling with the management staff and hearing all about their stories. Some from Fiji, others from Aussie, and a few from the UK. We learned history about the hotel, opened in 2000 and hosting 280 weddings in 2011. The many awards that it has racked up. There is a great sense of honor yet humbleness felt among the staff.

KaloKalo Bar

so relaxed now

awaiting my champagne


Our last full day on the island was spent very casually on the beach. All day. Soaking up the sun in the last full 24 hours of paradise. We had our final dinner plans all set. Dinner at the Ivi, a 5 star restaurant in the resort deemed the best in the South Pacific with only 12 tables in the entire place. A pre-dinner cocktail with Hannah & Rowe poolside ended in a 4 person reservation which turned how to be loads of fun. The Ivi is exclusive, romantic, and magical. We all opted for the 3-course meal which was the best idea ever. A refreshing oyster to start out with a clean palate, followed by a taste of Fiji as my entree (appetizer) which included 5 mini items to try. Next came my main entree of the Fiji mahi-mahi & coconut prawns. O.M.G. amazing. To cleanse the palate once again and prepare for dessert, we were brought a raspberry sorbet. And then the finale...chocolate souffle accented with fresh fruit. Literally the best meal I have ever had in my life. Ryan too. Hannah three. Rowe four. We literally could not move from our chairs. The professional serenader did not help give up motivation to leave. We had the place all to ourselves by the end of the evening and spent a few minutes sans conversation listening to his angelic voice. A perfect last evening on the island.

tapas for lunch

pay not attention to my tan lines ;)

sunset

our mates

Hannah & I

Thompsons @ Ivi

a taste of Fiji

about to sip my Fiji mojito

banana cheesecake

best.souffle.ever

creme brulee

is that Jack Johnson singing?


Departure day was spent snorkeling in the am followed by touching our toes in the sand for the last time. We finished up our trip with high tea at the KaloKalo Bar like the Aussies or Poms (Aussie word for the Brits) would. We enjoyed a pot of tea along side scones, cucumber sammies, and fruit. Oh and don't forget those spectacular views again.

hammock nap

love

high tea

tea! adore this trend

model

reppin' Redhawk Brigade


We both definitely had our sad faces on and contemplated missing our flight. But then we realized that our life together is just beginning and being married & in unconditional love is just life being in paradise (minus the beach and the sun). So we journeyed home for the first time as husband and wife...

No comments:

Post a Comment