Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wedding Details Part One

Now that the big day has happened, I can share a few fun details with you. I really loved planning a wine & wishes themed wedding. It allowed me to be creative and think outside the box while making the destination weekend a fun one for all of our guests.

From the start, I wanted the theme to resonate with everyone so our save the dates included a booklet of important details as well as a personalized wine stopper. Just to set the tone ;)

stamp

soon-to-be address label

save the date booklet

wine stopper

the whole package


As for the invitations, I was going for a very unique yet elegant look that would somehow tie in the wine theme (using wish-like wording). Through I Do Concepts in Los Angeles, I found the perfect fit. An invitation inviting guests to escape to wine country on delicate linen paper with rough & rustic edges. Complete with a box to mail. It was like opening a little present for everyone!

escape to wine country


Starting with our guests arrival, we surprised them with a wine themed welcome basket in their hotel rooms. The basket included a personalized note, homemade brochure with a bit of history on Solvang, our discovery of the Danish town, and recommendations on what to do, pair of personalized stemless wine glasses, a bottle of wine, a wine opener, a Solvang 2011 magazine, personalized hershey kisses, a wine cork handle cheese spreader, a package of crackers, and little cheeses.

they took over my house...

but were so worth it!

front cover of the homemade brochure 
fun things to do in Solvang

a little thank you note


Thursday morning, I hosted a little bridesmaid brunch complete with manicures and mimosas (plus a dash of danishes & chair massages too!). I found these adorable invitations and had them altered oh so slightly to include a tray of mimosas in between the gals. A morning of girls, gossip, and goodies ;)

nothing like girlfriends & mimosas ;)




While I hosted the bridesmaid brunch, some of the guys decided to play golf on Thursday morning and I just had to have a surprise waiting for them in their golf cart. Mini blue bags with a personalized T sticker. Inside were mini bottled waters, personalized golf tees and golf balls, and golf ball chocolates.

guy time



Stay tuned for more fun details on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment