Thursday, July 14, 2011

Friendship Makes the World Go 'Round

Relationships have always been a huge part of my life. I cherish the closeness that our family has even when we contemplate strangling one another. We love each other despite our differences or annoying characteristics. I also find comfort in the special friendships that I have formed with my 5 best friends as well as a few other key people.

Roomie, also know as Timmy or Loka$h or that Duke fan, has been one of my closest friends since 2005. We met at UM when I was in grad school and the old man (he turns 34 today!) was finishing undergrad after taking a few years off. I sparked a conversation with him purely based on my disgust with his JJ Reddick jersey that he sported to Dr. Mullane's summer leadership & ethics class. To spite him, I did my presentation on Rick Pitino's 1992 Kentucky team. That was enough to get us giggling and talking smack non-stop to one another which quickly led to a strong friendship. A friendship that we have continued through visits, jokes, basketball & football games, cocktails, laughs, texts, and phone calls for the past 6 years.

kickball champ forever

C-A-N-E-S CANES!


Em, aka Emily or Ryan's cousin, and I met in May of 2010. Er technically we met back in college as she briefly rushed ADPi and then decided to forego sorority life. I was immediately in awe of her beauty, many talents & God-given gifts (think Carrie Underwood mixed with Aretha Franklin voice), and her amazing faith. Throughout the past year, we have been come fast friends. We text and talk regularly. We giggle constantly with our sarcastic banter. But most importantly, we get each other. We have been through some similar life situations and experiences, making it wonderful to have someone who can relate to the feelings I am feeling/have felt. My only regret is that we didn't meet sooner ;)

gorgeous


like 3 peas in a pod


Rin, formerly known as Erin, Rinzers, or Remsen, was one of my first friends when I moved to San Diego. We met via mutual acquaintences and instantly became obsessed with one another. We are 100% silly around one another the majority of the time. But we have our serious heart-to-heart moments and can always count on the other to give us an uplifting boost when needed. She even volunteered to loan me her dvd of PS I Love You when I was feeling down and went so far as to watch it and hysterically sob with me so I didn't have to do it alone. That is a true friend. She also pseudo receives the MVP award for furthest traveler to our wedding since she is coming from Costa Rica...where she has been residing since 2009. She will be one of our scripture readers for the ceremony, and Ryan & I feel super blessed to have her as part of our special day!

lover. love her.

we may or may not dance like absolute fools together


Feeling so appreciative of all that the Lord has given me especially these wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment